Is Zodiac Carpet and Upholstery spray safe for cats? That’s a question that pet owners have been asking ever since the product hit the shelves.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the myths and facts about this product, and see if it is truly safe for cats. Keep reading to learn more!
What is zodiac carpet and upholstery spray used for?
Zodiac Carpet and Upholstery is an aerosol spray that is used to kills flea, ticks, flea eggs, flea larvae, lice, houseflies, mosquitoes and other listed insects. This product can be used on carpets, upholstered furniture, pet beds and other similar surfaces.
Is zodiac carpet and upholstery spray safe for cats?
No, zodiac carpet and upholstery spray should not be used on your cat and dog directly. The active ingredient in this product is Pyrethrin, which is a naturally occurring insecticide derived from the Chrysanthemum flower. Pyrethrin is considered to be toxic to mammals, including cats.
However, some cats may be sensitive to this ingredient and may experience side effects such as vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures.
If you are concerned about your cat’s safety, it is always best to consult with your veterinarian before using any new products.
Instead you can use the specially formulated Zodiac Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs, Puppies, Cats, and Kittens.
Always consult your veterinarian before using any new products on your pets.
Is Zodiac flea and tick spray safe for cats?
Yes, specially formulated Zodiac Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs, Puppies, Cats, and Kittens is safe to use on cats when used as directed.
This spray contains Pyriproxyfen, which is an insect growth regulator that prevents fleas from reaching the biting stage. It also contains Permethrin, which quickly kills fleas, ticks, and lice on contact.
When using any new product on your pet, it is always best to consult with your veterinarian beforehand to ensure safety.
How do you use Zodiac flea and Tick spray for cats?
- Apply light, even coverage of the hair coat to provide effective flea control.
- Do not allow spray from application or damp animal contact with painted surfaces including wood floors/furniture & leather vinyl materials.
- Protect your pet’s eyes by covering them when applying insecticide.
- For best penetration results ruffle up their coats while spraying against natural lay-down spots on each individual body part (head ears chest) then cover all inch areas between hands
- Making sure not leave any gaps uncovered–and apply an appropriate amount for proper treatment.
- When you spray your pet’s costume with our Zodiac Flea & Tick Prevention Spray, avoid spraying their rectum and genitals.
- If an animal does become chilled repeat this process every 2 months continuous home flea infestation prevention will be achieved through regular applications of the product which can then continue once weekly/biweekly according upon necessity depending on size
What are some of the side effects of Zodiac flea and tick spray for cats?
Some of the potential side effects of Zodiac flea and tick spray for cats include vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures. If your cat experiences any of these side effects, stop using the product immediately and consult your veterinarian.
You May Also Like To Read: